We’ve been talking about the impact of COVID-19 in the Run Your Best Life group this week, and there’s a spectrum of emotions that you guys are feeling, from panic and self-pity to excitement at the idea of not having to go into work. One thought I’ve heard around mind management though is that it doesn’t apply to this situation, and you could not be more wrong.
The circumstances right now are that your races are probably getting canceled, the confirmed cases are going up, and you’ll probably have to significantly change your lifestyle and stay at home more. Panicking about the factual things that are happening in the world isn’t serving you, and so today, I’m taking it back to basics and showing you how the thought model applies to this crisis, so that you can be more effective and productive in your life.
Listen in this week to see how you can start questioning your thoughts to create actions and results in your life that you actually want and love. Even if you’ve been with me from the very beginning, stay with me here because you might just need a reminder of how the thought model is playing out for you in this current situation.
The Rebel Runner Roadmap is a 30-day online class where I teach you the fundamentals of running. This is a class where you’ll learn how to start running the right way, or how to up-level your running. From running form, strength training, stretching, to all the brain work, it’s all in there. Doors are reopening on April 6th 2020, so check it out here and get on the waiting list for the next round of enrollment… I can’t wait to see you there!
What You’ll Learn From This Episode:
- How to calm your emotions and be more effective in your life.
- The benefits of running and sticking to a routine at this time.
- How to identify between circumstances and your thoughts about it.
- Why circumstances cannot cause your emotions.
- How your thoughts are reflected in your actions and results.
- Why you need to question your thoughts.
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
- If you have any questions you’d like answered on the show, email me at email@example.com
- Join the Not Your Average Runner Private Facebook Community
- Join Run Your Best Life to get exclusive content from a podcast accessible just for members!
- Not Your Average Runner Instagram
Full Episode Transcript:
Enjoy The Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, follow on Spotify and subscribe via Apple Podcasts, Stitcher or RSS.
- Leave us a review in Apple Podcasts.
- Join the conversation by leaving a comment below!