Rebels, I’m addressing a question I get asked a lot by people who are thinking about starting to run, and that question is, “Is 20 seconds at a time really enough?
You guys know I love teaching my clients about run-walk intervals and it’s something that’s discussed pretty much all the time in the Run Your Best Life group. I even did a whole podcast episode on it! Today, I’ve got three points to make about why running in 20 seconds intervals will get you to your goal, whether that’s training for a marathon or just so you feel confident in calling yourself a runner.
Join me this week to also hear me introduce the concept of massive action to illustrate why 20 seconds is truly enough to get you where you want to go. It’s an idea that can be applied to anything in your life, and it’s going to change your running game forever.20 seconds is more than zero seconds. Zero seconds of running will not make you a better runner. Click To Tweet
What You’ll Learn From this Episode:
- The difference between big quits and little quits.
- 3 reasons why running for 20 seconds is enough.
- Why worrying about whether 20 seconds is enough interferes with your progress.
- My definition of “massive action.”
- Why running is literally massive action.
- Why trying to become faster at running will end in disappointment.
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
If you have any questions you’d like answered on the show, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Join the Not Your Average Runner Private Facebook Community
- Join Run Your Best Life to get exclusive content from a podcast accessible just for members!
- Not Your Average Runner Instagram
- Ep #20: How to Stop Quitting
- Ep #7: Run-Walk Like a Pro
- Magnetic calendar for your fridge
Full Episode Transcript:
Enjoy The Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, subscribe via iTunes, Stitcher or RSS.
- Leave us a review in iTunes.
- Join the conversation by leaving a comment below!