We live in a time of instant gratification, where we want our results yesterday. We want instant shipping, or we want to eat a healthy meal one night and to have dropped five pounds the next morning. This becomes a problem when you’re wanting to level up in any area of your life, and today, I’m walking you through how to level up in a way that is going to aid your progress and not hinder it.
When we start training and running, we want to level up eventually, whether it’s getting faster or going further, and it’s only natural to want to jump up multiple levels at a time. However, if you’re working out once a week, thinking you’re going to work out five times a week is only going to get you injured and stop you from training altogether. The truth is you have to focus on one tiny level at a time, even though it’s not exactly sexy.
Listen in today as I show you how to level up in a way that will get you to fall in love with the process and enjoy your training. We’re all in a hurry to get to a result, but following these two rules for leveling up that I’m laying out for you here today are what will get you there without injuries or the mental drama.
The Not Your Average Runner team is supporting coach Jen’s organization, the Northern Illinois Food Bank, through The Rebel Run Virtual Race. The Chicago area has been hit hard economically by the pandemic and we’re trying to raise $5000 to help families in need. $10 from every single race registration for The Rebel Run Virtual Race goes directly to this food bank, and so if you’ve had a race canceled recently, this is a great opportunity for you to run and help people in need. Check it out here!
The Rebel Runner Roadmap is a 30-day online class where I teach you the fundamentals of running. This is a class where you’ll learn how to start running the right way, or how to up-level your running. From running form, strength training, stretching, to all the brain work, it’s all in there. Registration opens on June 22nd and we start June 30th, so mark your calendars and get on the waitlist!
What You’ll Learn From This Episode:
- What leveling up means and what it doesn’t mean.
- How to start leveling up.
- Why you have to let your body guide you and not let your brain intervene when you’re leveling up.
- The truth about leveling up.
- 2 reasons why you should only level up a bit at a time.
- How expecting perfection is detrimental both to your mind and your body.
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
- If you have any questions you’d like answered on the show, email me at email@example.com
- Join the Not Your Average Runner Private Facebook Community
- Join Run Your Best Life to get exclusive content from a podcast accessible just for members!
- Not Your Average Runner Instagram
- The Rebel Run Virtual Race
- Ep #102: Minimum Baseline and the Drama Threshold
Full Episode Transcript:
Enjoy The Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, follow on Spotify and subscribe via Apple Podcasts, Stitcher or RSS.
- Leave us a review in Apple Podcasts.
- Join the conversation by leaving a comment below!