As we approach the season of New Year’s resolutions, I thought this would be the perfect time to talk about motivation. Because without it, what use is there in making any resolutions at all anyway, right?
How many times have you said, “I’ve lost my mojo,” in relation to running or anything else in your life? Let’s be honest, no one ever really gets excited about going on a run, but simply telling yourself that you’ve lost the motivation to do so is a lie. On this episode, I’m showing you why feeling unmotivated is actually the perfect opportunity to dig a little deeper to see what’s really going on, and why it’s not a problem at all.
Join me this week to discover how you can get yourself motivated, even if you feel like there’s not a shred of motivation left in your body to get going, to start 2020 and the new decade by shifting your mindset to a more useful place that will actually help you achieve your goals.
The doors to The Rebel Runner Roadmap are open for enrollment! It’s a 30-day online class where I teach you the fundamentals of running. This is a class where you’ll learn how to start running the right way, or how to up-level your running. From running form, strength training, stretching, to all the brain work, it’s all in there.
The class starts January 6th but the Facebook group is already rocking and rolling with coaching I’m doing throughout December, so you definitely want to get in quick. Check it out here and I can’t wait to see you in there!
You can also use the code PODCAST when signing up for a bonus video class on perfectionism!
What You’ll Learn From This Episode:
- Why motivation is not something you can lose.
- What actually makes you feel motivated
- Why feeling unmotivated is not a problem and, instead, an opportunity to see what’s going on.
- How to get motivated when you’re not in the mood.
- Why failure is something to be proud of.
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
- If you have any questions you’d like answered on the show, email me at email@example.com
- Join the Not Your Average Runner Private Facebook Community
- Join Run Your Best Life to get exclusive content from a podcast accessible just for members!
- Not Your Average Runner Instagram
Full Episode Transcript:
Enjoy The Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, follow on Spotify and subscribe via Apple Podcasts, Stitcher or RSS.
- Leave us a review in Apple Podcasts.
- Join the conversation by leaving a comment below!