Did you know that your thoughts create your feelings and your feelings drive the actions you take? I’m sure you do because I remind you of it every single week, but I have a confession to make on today’s episode…
With the Philadelphia Marathon six weeks away, I’ve been spinning in negative stories that I’ve been telling myself are true, that I’m not ready for it, and feeling extremely anxious about it. You can probably guess that I wasn’t being particularly proactive about my training over the last couple weeks as I indulged in these feelings, and today I’m sharing what I’ve discovered with you.
Join me on the podcast this week as I dive into the models I’ve found myself in and the results I’ve been producing. I’m embarrassed to say that this is what I’ve been experiencing over the last few weeks, but I hope sharing how I’ve come out on the other side will give you tons of insight and show you that feeling bad is always an option.
I want to invite you to a free webinar called Winterize Your Run that I’m doing on October 17th 2019 at 1pm Eastern! We’re going to be talking all about how to keep your body and mind in great shape throughout the winter and holidays, and I’ll help you create a strategy to do that! Sign up here and I can’t wait to see you then!
What You’ll Learn From This Episode:
- The tricks my brain has been playing on me over the last couple of weeks.
- What I’ve discovered about the stories I’ve been telling myself about the marathon coming up.
- The new story I’ve started telling myself about my race.
- Why you might be spending a lot of time feeling anxious and half-assing your training.
- The results I’m producing for myself when I’m stuck in unhelpful models.
- One question to ask yourself that will help challenge your beliefs.
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
- If you have any questions you’d like answered on the show, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Join the Not Your Average Runner Private Facebook Community
- Join Run Your Best Life to get exclusive content from a podcast accessible just for members!
- Not Your Average Runner Instagram
- Cook Once, Eat All Week by Cassy Joy Garcia
Full Episode Transcript:
Enjoy The Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, follow on Spotify and subscribe via Apple Podcasts, Stitcher or RSS.
- Leave us a review in Apple Podcasts.
- Join the conversation by leaving a comment below!