I’ve been spending the last couple weeks delving into everything COVID-19, and this week, we’re taking a turn back to our usual content because I had a great suggestion from one of our Not Your Average Runner ambassadors for a topic: recovering from an injury.
As runners, you probably have or inevitably will at some point experience an injury. It’s not great and nobody wants to get hurt, but how you manage this time is crucial to either fully recovering from it, or it staying with you longer than necessary and continually worrying you. There’s both a mental and physical aspect to treating and recovering from an injury, and I’m laying out what you need to do if this is something you’re going through right now.
Join me this week as I outline a process you can use to manage your injuries and make a full recovery. So many of us rely on running to help manage our emotions, so if you’re injured and this is out of the question for you, it’s even more important, now than ever, to start figuring out how to manage your mind, and I’m showing you how you can do this today.
The Rebel Runner Roadmap is a 30-day online class where I teach you the fundamentals of running. This is a class where you’ll learn how to start running the right way, or how to up-level your running. From running form, strength training, stretching, to all the brain work, it’s all in there. Doors are open for enrollment now, so get in there!
What You’ll Learn From This Episode:
- The most important thing to first do when you have an injury.
- Why strength training is so important to keep up.
- The importance of following the instructions of your doctor or physical therapist.
- How to manage your mind when you’re injured.
- The difference between opinions and facts.
- What I do to look for evidence of progress when I’m injured.
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
- If you have any questions you’d like answered on the show, email me at email@example.com
- Join the Not Your Average Runner Private Facebook Community
- Join Run Your Best Life to get exclusive content from a podcast accessible just for members!
- Not Your Average Runner Instagram
- Invisibilia podcast
- Antifragile by Nassim Nicholas Taleb
Full Episode Transcript:
Enjoy The Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, follow on Spotify and subscribe via Apple Podcasts, Stitcher or RSS.
- Leave us a review in Apple Podcasts.
- Join the conversation by leaving a comment below!