One question I get asked frequently as a coach is, “How many times a week should I run?” This is something I hear from a lot of beginners and people new to running, and it’s a common misconception that runners run every single day. This is simply not the case. So today, I’m diving into how you should do a run streak if this is a desire of yours, and how many times a week you should be running, depending on your goals.
I’ve seen run streaks popping up a lot lately. They’re fun and a great way to be a part of a community of people doing the same challenge, but it’s not all pros. Setting a 30-day run streak, for example, is awesome and it’s a great feeling crossing the days off your calendar and seeing your runs pile up. It can serve as a way to motivate yourself when you would rather stay in bed, but the downsides are just as prevalent.
Listen in this week as I share my thoughts on run streaks and how you can do them safely. I’m recommending three modifications you can implement if a run streak is something you want to do so that you get all the fun out of it without risking injury.
If you’re brand new to running and want to know how to start, I have just created a starter plan called The 30-Day Running Start Kit that will walk you through it all. All you have to do is go to my website and signup using the link right at the top of the page and you’re in!
The Rebel Runner Roadmap is a 30-day online class where I teach you the fundamentals of running. This is a class where you’ll learn how to start running the right way, or how to up-level your running. From running form, strength training, stretching, to all the brain work, it’s all in there. Doors are reopening on April 6th 2020, so check it out here and get on the waiting list for the next round of enrollment… I can’t wait to see you there!
What You’ll Learn From This Episode:
- What to do if your race gets canceled due to Covid-19.
- Why I don’t recommend running every single day.
- My suggestions for how many times a week you should run and how to mix in other types of movement.
- The pros and cons of doing a run streak.
- Why a run streak is probably not for you if you’re a perfectionist.
- 3 ways to do a run streak safety, without the downsides.
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
- If you have any questions you’d like answered on the show, email me at email@example.com
- Join the Not Your Average Runner Private Facebook Community
- Join Run Your Best Life to get exclusive content from a podcast accessible just for members!
- Not Your Average Runner Instagram
- Ep #33: How to Coach Yourself
Full Episode Transcript:
Enjoy The Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, follow on Spotify and subscribe via Apple Podcasts, Stitcher or RSS.
- Leave us a review in Apple Podcasts.
- Join the conversation by leaving a comment below!