Run/walk intervals are a topic I’ve covered here on the podcast numerous times in-depth, but I’m busting some myths about it today. So many people, especially non-runners, believe that run/walk intervals are just a starter plan that you’ll do in the beginning as you work towards getting stronger and faster. But friends, this is not the case.
This strategy is one that is amazing for all runners at all levels, whether you’re a beginner or an Olympian, and I’m inviting you today to integrate and master it if your plan is to run long-term. I’ve personally adopted it into my routine, and I’m sharing the results that I’ve gotten since using it on longer runs 10 years later.
Join me today as I outline why you need to use this game-changing strategy and some ways that you can play around with it. It doesn’t have to be a boring ratio that you do on every single run, and I’m sharing some ways that I switch it up, depending on the length of my runs and how I’m feeling that day.
Don’t forget to sign up for the Rebel Runner Roadmap! This is the last class we’ll be running this summer, so this is your last chance to get in before doors close on the 28th of June 2020. I’m also adding a bonus week to this round, so you’ll be getting five weeks instead of four, for the same price!
What You’ll Learn From This Episode:
- Why run/walk intervals are an amazing strategy for runners at all levels.
- The results I got when I added intervals into my longer runs.
- Why I think intervals are really important to master for the long-term.
- The various ways that you can use run/walk intervals.
- How I switch up my run/walk intervals.
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
- If you have any questions you’d like answered on the show, email me at email@example.com
- Join the Not Your Average Runner Private Facebook Community
- Join Run Your Best Life to get exclusive content from a podcast accessible just for members!
- Not Your Average Runner Instagram
- Ep #7: Run-Walk Like a Pro
- Ep #105: Feeling Self-Conscious about Doing Run/Walk Intervals
- Jeff Galloway
Full Episode Transcript:
Enjoy The Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, follow on Spotify and subscribe via Apple Podcasts, Stitcher or RSS.
- Leave us a review in Apple Podcasts.
- Join the conversation by leaving a comment below!