Whether you’re in a place right now of feeling like you’re failing at life with no motivation to accomplish anything, you want to be badass and accomplish everything, or in the middle somewhere, like a lot of us, and unsure of how to navigate through this time while taking care of yourself, this episode is for you.
Whatever stories you’re telling yourself, I can guarantee they are not the reason you’re not doing what you would like to be doing. All of us are experiencing various emotions – sometimes even a combination of emotions at once – and today, I’m walking you through how to respond to your feelings in a way that serves you, so you can show up the way you want to for yourself and for the people in your life.
Get ready for some tough love today, my friends. Focusing on what makes you feel angry, or annoyed, or overwhelmed right now isn’t helping you take the actions you’d like to be taking. So this week, I’m showing you what the first step is in choosing thoughts that serve you better, so you can emerge from this pandemic as the person you really want to be.
The Rebel Runner Roadmap is a 30-day online class where I teach you the fundamentals of running. This is a class where you’ll learn how to start running the right way, or how to up-level your running. From running form, strength training, stretching, to all the brain work, it’s all in there. Doors are open for enrollment now, so get in there!
What You’ll Learn From This Episode:
- The real reason you’re not motivated to do what you would like to be doing during the pandemic.
- How I respond to my feelings of overwhelm or anxiety.
- Why you have to purposefully choose what you’re feeding into your brain.
- What to do when you notice thoughts about the pandemic bringing up negative emotions.
- Why being angry right now is adding to your suffering.
- The first step to choosing a thought that serves you better.
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
- If you have any questions you’d like answered on the show, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Join the Not Your Average Runner Private Facebook Community
- Join Run Your Best Life to get exclusive content from a podcast accessible just for members!
- Not Your Average Runner Instagram
- Ep #102: Minimum Baseline and the Drama Threshold
Full Episode Transcript:
Enjoy The Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, follow on Spotify and subscribe via Apple Podcasts, Stitcher or RSS.
- Leave us a review in Apple Podcasts.
- Join the conversation by leaving a comment below!