I’ve been pondering the concept of time recently when a client asked me a question about managing her time. I have some thoughts about the concept of time, and you might want to fight me on this today, but I want you to bear with me and hear me out.
In terms of time management, which is a topic that comes up a lot in my coaching and I believe is a skill many of us want to master, I’m sharing my thoughts about why I don’t believe time can be “managed” and how it’s purely a construct of our minds. I’m discussing how your past self only exists in your brain, and how to start harnessing your future self.
Join me this week as I show you the power of thinking about the future version of yourself, that woman who has achieved all the goals you dream of, and how you can start practicing this process to eventually get there. We often think of our future selves in a way that doesn’t actually bring her into reality, so I know this tool is going to be super helpful to you.
The doors to The Rebel Runner Roadmap are open for enrollment! It’s a 30-day online class where I teach you the fundamentals of running. This is a class where you’ll learn how to start running the right way, or how to up-level your running. From running form, strength training, stretching, to all the brain work, it’s all in there.
We are giving the first people who sign up three extra bonuses, so you definitely want to get in quick. Check it out here and I can’t wait to see you in there!
What You’ll Learn From This Episode:
- My take on the concept of time.
- Why I don’t think time can be managed.
- Why thinking about time as something that exists in my brain brings me relief.
- How thinking new thoughts can be challenging but is simple to do.
- What “your future self” means and why I think it’s a helpful concept.
- How to start thinking about your future self.
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
- If you have any questions you’d like answered on the show, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Join the Not Your Average Runner Private Facebook Community
- Join Run Your Best Life to get exclusive content from a podcast accessible just for members!
- Not Your Average Runner Instagram
- Ep #33: How to Coach Yourself
- Cleaning gel
Full Episode Transcript:
Enjoy The Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, follow on Spotify and subscribe via Apple Podcasts, Stitcher or RSS.
- Leave us a review in Apple Podcasts.
- Join the conversation by leaving a comment below!