For many of you listening, a 100-mile race might either seem completely impossible or a goal you’d like to achieve but that’s far off on the horizon. For my guest on the show this week, it’s a reality that is only a couple of months away, and she’s got some gems to share with us about what she’s learned from training for it.
Debby Hershberger is one of our Run Your Best Life members, and we’ve had the opportunity to run at many races together. I call her style of badassery one that’s quiet and calm. There’s no big fanfare or drama. She’s just going to do it. And she’s here to share her unique story with us, as well as some of the lessons she’s picked up along the way.
Listen in this week as I quiz Debby on all things 100-miler training. She’s sharing the planning and training that has gone into preparing for her race, how she has protected her long-term goals, even while taking part in shorter races for training, and her best advice for anyone who wants to take part in a race of this magnitude one day.
If you want to run your first half marathon, I’m running an intimate coaching group for just eight runners. I’ll be in daily contact with every member of the group, providing regular coaching, and guiding you through training for your first half marathon. If you’ve tried and failed, or been too scared to try in the past, or tried, then succeeded, but hated it the whole way, this is the group for you. Class starts the first week in August, so for more information or to join Big Fat Half Marathon, click here!
If you enjoyed this episode, you have got to check out Up and Running. It’s my 30-day online program that will teach you how to start running, stick with it, and become the runner you’ve always wanted to be. Click here to join and I can’t wait to see you there!
What You’ll Learn From This Episode:
- Why Debby started running, and what her running journey has looked like.
- The planning and training that has gone into preparing for her 100-mile race.
- What Debby learned from her 50-mile training run.
- How Debby is training for her 100-miler between now and the race in October.
- The importance of listening to your body.
- How she has ensured avoiding injuries throughout her running journey and protecting her long-term goals.
- Debby’s advice for any not-your-average-runner who wants to run a 100-mile race one day.
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
- If you have any questions you’d like answered on the show, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Click here to get on the waitlist for Up and Running!
- Join the Not Your Average Runner Private Facebook Community
- Not Your Average Runner Instagram
- Debby Hershberger: Instagram | TikTok
- Mo’ Bell races
- Dean Karnazes
- 3 Days at the Fair
Full Episode Transcript:
Enjoy The Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, follow on Spotify, Apple Podcasts, Stitcher, or RSS.
- Leave us a review in Apple Podcasts.
- Join the conversation by leaving a comment below!