Race planning is probably up there as one of my most favorite things to talk about. So many people think it’s just about picking a race, picking a training plan, and starting. But the truth is there’s so much more to it than that.
If you’re anything like me, you’ve probably picked a training plan that fit however long you had until race day, but then something inevitably didn’t go right, you felt completely discouraged, and you decided you were never going to be a real runner. Sound familiar?
There are so many traps we can fall into when we’re training for a race, so this week, I’m laying them all out so you can avoid them. I want your race day experience to end with you filled with pride for your badass self as you cross the finish line, so I’m giving you my top 3 steps to your best race ever!
If you enjoyed this episode, you have to check out the Rebel Runner Roadmap! It’s my 30-day learn-to-run class where I get you set up to train for a 5K! Click here to join the waitlist!
What You’ll Learn From This Episode:
- 3 things you need to do to ensure your race is a total success.
- How to avoid the most common race planning traps.
- What to do if you’re worried about not finishing the race within the time limit.
- The mistake many runners make in training to be faster.
- How to create your master race planning board.
- What it looks like to plan your thinking ahead of time.
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
- If you have any questions you’d like answered on the show, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Join the Not Your Average Runner Private Facebook Community
- Not Your Average Runner Instagram
Full Episode Transcript:
Enjoy The Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, follow on Spotify and subscribe via Apple Podcasts, Stitcher or RSS.
- Leave us a review in Apple Podcasts.
- Join the conversation by leaving a comment below!