If you’re wondering what you can start incorporating into your running to make yourself better, you’re in the right place. We’re talking equipment, training, believing in yourself, and leading the way for the next brave fat woman who wants to give running a try.
In this episode, I have five unexpected things that new runners need to do. They could literally make or break your success as a runner, but fortunately, they’re all super simple to do. And if you’re not a beginner, if you’re not doing just one of these five things, implementing them will make a huge difference.
Tune in this week as I unpack some of the things that stop people from really taking themselves and their running journey as far as they can go, and show you some simple solutions. I’m sharing the importance of having the right gear, taking your training seriously, and never giving up on yourself.
My 5K Training Program is open for registration! This is a six-week online class designed for beginners. If you can currently walk three miles comfortably, this class is perfect for you. And if you’re not a beginner, you can still join because as well as the basics of running, I’m teaching on how to stay on track with your training, choosing and navigating races, getting yourself in the best mindset, and more.
If you enjoyed this episode, you have to check out the Rebel Runner Roadmap! It’s my 30-day learn-to-run class where I get you set up to train for a 5K! Click here to join the waitlist!
What You’ll Learn From This Episode:
- Why, even though it sounds scary, you can’t be a runner and avoid actually going into running stores.
- How to start feeling like a real runner.
- Why, as women, we all owe it to each other to blaze a trail for the next woman.
- How to start strength training right now without equipment.
- Why self-doubt is inevitable, and how to deal with it.
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
- If you have any questions you’d like answered on the show, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Join the Not Your Average Runner Private Facebook Community
- Not Your Average Runner Instagram
- Katherine Switzer
- Skirt Sports – Use discount code: NYAR15
- Old Navy
- Superfit Hero
- Peloton App
Full Episode Transcript:
Enjoy The Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, follow on Spotify, Apple Podcasts, Stitcher, or RSS.
- Leave us a review in Apple Podcasts.
- Join the conversation by leaving a comment below!