I’ve got Jen Lamplough back on the podcast this week as we answer some of your questions around the topic of 5K training! There’s a lot going on in our world of running at the moment, and you guys have tons of questions so it’s the perfect time to have Jen back to share her insights!
We received some amazing questions about 5K training, including some really common ones that I think will help a lot of you. From intervals to nutrition and rest, we’re covering all of it. Of course, any race isn’t just about the physical training, so we’ve got some questions around the mental aspect of running a race that we’re covering as well.
Join us this week as we dive into all things 5K training! We’re also talking about our upcoming Ragnar race and how we’re feeling about it, and make sure to stay tuned to the end to get details on the 5K training program that will be starting up in about a week.
Our 5K training program is kicking off on the 9th of September! If you want to do a 5K and you don’t have a training group, this is the place to be. Not only do we have a training plan for you to follow, but we accommodate runners of all levels and give you guidance on the mental work that’s required too. You’ll also have access to the most supportive group of women I have ever seen, so what are you waiting for? See you there!
What You’ll Learn From This Episode:
- How Jen and I are feeling about our upcoming Ragnar race.
- Our thoughts on the best intervals for a 5K.
- The benefits of planning targeted walk breaks if you currently don’t do intervals.
- Our thoughts on training a faster walk interval and slower run interval.
- The truth about building up your endurance and what factors it relies on.
- Jen’s advice on nutrition ranging from three months out to the day before your 5K.
- How many days you should rest before your 5K.
- Our suggestions for finding a running group/training program that works for you.
- What we think about the common fear of coming in last.
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
- If you have any questions you’d like answered on the show, email me at email@example.com
- Join the Not Your Average Runner Private Facebook Community
- Join Run Your Best Life to get exclusive content from a podcast accessible just for members!
- Not Your Average Runner Instagram
- Skratch Labs
Full Episode Transcript:
Enjoy The Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, follow on Spotify and subscribe via Apple Podcasts, Stitcher or RSS.
- Leave us a review in Apple Podcasts.
- Join the conversation by leaving a comment below!