For all of you out there who are contemplating a 5K, this training series is for you! If you’ve been running for a little while, or maybe you used to run and you’ve taken a break and want to get back into it, or even if you’ve been out there walking, you can do it.
This week is the first of a three part series to get you to the starting line of your first 5K. On this episode, I’m going to help you decide if you’re ready and how to prepare for your first ever 5K! I’m here to help you quieten your inner mean girl and show you that really, most of the experience is all mental.
I’m showing you how you can turn that worst-case scenario playing over and over in your head into a best-case scenario. I’ll also be sharing a mantra you can practice to get yourself out there so you truly believe you belong at the starting line.
I’ve got a very special event coming up on the 6th of April in New York City! It’s the very first Not Your Average Runner Meet-Up! Go to notyouraveragerunner.com/meetup for all the details. See you there!
What You’ll Learn From this Episode:
- How to implement run-walk intervals into your training.
- The real reason you’re afraid of running a 5K.
- Why you belong in the running community.
- 2 approaches to counteract feeling nervous.
- How you can shut out your inner mean girl before any race.
- Why managing your inner mean girl will get you to the start line.
- A challenge to help you practice new beliefs about yourself.
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
If you have any questions you’d like answered on the show, email me at email@example.com
- Not Your Average Runner Meet-Up
- Join the Not Your Average Runner Private Facebook Community
- Join the Run Your Best Life Coaching Group!
- Episode #7: Run-Walk Like a Pro
- Episode #8: How To Overcome Your First Marathon with Jen Lamplough
- Episode #9: How to Shut Down Your Inner Mean Girl
- Not Your Average 5K by Jill Angie
- Jeff Galloway
- Denny Krahe – DizRuns
- Under Armour Women’s Renegade Twist Cap
Full Episode Transcript:
Enjoy The Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, subscribe via iTunes, Stitcher or RSS.
- Leave us a review in iTunes.
- Join the conversation by leaving a comment below!