This week, we’re continuing with my 5K Training Series! I’m going to be delving into how you can create the perfect training plan for you! There are so many types of plans you can pick from nowadays that it can be really difficult knowing which one is best for your needs, but today’s episode is going to help demystify the process.
I’m going to be sharing a few key strategies you might like to consider in training for your 5K, as well as what you don’t want in a training strategy. With your perfect plan in hand, I’m going to discuss how you can make sure your training doesn’t fall by the wayside when other areas of your life get busy.
Tune in as I’ve also got a question for you in this episode regarding how you label yourself. As rebel runners, I’m really interested in what words you like using, and what words make you cringe. Make sure you let me know!
What You’ll Learn From this Episode:
- How to pick the best training plan for you.
- 5 criteria to choose the best training plan for success.
- Why planning your training runs ahead of time is key.
- 2 important considerations if you’re thinking about joining a training group run.
- My views on the term “plus size.”
- How to decide ahead of time to stick to your training plans.
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
If you have any questions you’d like answered on the show, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Join the Not Your Average Runner Private Facebook Community
- Join the Run Your Best Life Coaching Group!
- Not Your Average 5K by Jill Angie
- Be Ready on Race Day by Denny Krahe
- Ep #12: The Ultimate Guide to Running with Mirna Valerio
- Ep #14: 5K Training Series Part One – Getting You to the Starting Line
- Ep #15: Construct Your Perfect Training Plan with Denny Krahe
- Jeff Galloway
- Mirna Valerio of Fat Girl Running
- Martinus Evans of 300 Pounds and Running
- Latoya Shauntay Snell of Running Fat Chef
- Erin of BigGirlYYC
- Megan of BodyPosiPanda
- Melissa of YoursTruelyMelly
- FabUplus Magazine
- Anna-Guest Jelley of Curvy Yoga
- Jessamyn Stanley
- Erica Jean of Curve_Model
- Helen at ExercisingFoodies
Full Episode Transcript:
Enjoy The Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, subscribe via iTunes, Stitcher or RSS.
- Leave us a review in iTunes.
- Join the conversation by leaving a comment below!