Welcome to the third episode of my 5K Training Series! This week, I’m covering everything you might need to know about the day you’ve been training so hard for. You want this long-awaited day to be as perfect as possible, and I’m here to make that happen.
I’ve got you covered from discussing your final week of prep, a simple checklist of questions you should be asking, to confusing race day language and race etiquette for all you first-time runners! I’m even going to share some tips on how to get the best race day photos of you looking fabulous on the road!
This just might be the most comprehensive review of all things race day so make sure you tune in! Download my full guide on this episode in the links below.
I’m compiling a list of funny running stories for an upcoming podcast and I want you to submit any stories you might have! The deadline for submission is May 7th, and you can either call The Not Your Average Runner hotline at 484-754-6794 and leave a voicemail with your story, or email me at email@example.com. I can’t wait to hear from you!
What You’ll Learn From this Episode:
- Everything to consider in the last week leading up to your race.
- The cardinal rule of running.
- Why you need to do a dress rehearsal before your event.
- 7 race day terms you might not understand.
- Why you need to be informed of the race rules and logistics.
- My checklist of questions you should be asking before the race.
- How to get enough rest when you’re feeling nervous the night before.
- Why you have to stick to your training run intervals.
- Everything you need to know about race etiquette.
- Why I prefer starting a race right at the back of the pack.
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
If you have any questions you’d like answered on the show, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Download the race week checklist!
- Join the Not Your Average Runner Private Facebook Community
- Join the Run Your Best Life Coaching Group!
- Not Your Average 5K by Jill Angie
- Ep #14: 5K Training Series Part One – Getting You to the Starting Line
- Ep #16: 5K Training Series Part Two – Create the Perfect Strategy
- Disney Race
- Body Glide
- Laura Backus
- Martinus Evans
- Latoya Shauntay Snell
- Not Your Average Runner Instagram
Full Episode Transcript:
Enjoy The Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, subscribe via iTunes, Stitcher or RSS.
- Leave us a review in iTunes.
- Join the conversation by leaving a comment below!