After completing my three-part 5K Training Series, I realized that not all of you might have access to many races locally. So this week, I’m bringing you a bonus episode on virtual races!
I’ll be going through all of the reasons why I would recommend a virtual race to anyone, and hopefully, by the end of this episode, you’ll be signing up for one! Like I did with the third part of my 5K Training Series, I’ll be going through logistical “dress rehearsal” considerations so that getting your medal in the mail isn’t going to be an issue.
In the Ask the Curvy Coach section of this week’s episode, I’ll be responding to some comments I’ve received recently and how that ties into my message of being a rebel runner and tackling body image issues. I’ll also be discussing why I choose to use social media as my authentic self, and how that builds a foundation for real success.
If you’re brand new to running and thinking of getting started, head over to NotYourAverageRunner.com/start to get my free Jumpstart Program!
What You’ll Learn From this Episode:
- My thoughts on curating your social media image.
- Why not censoring your life is important.
- What being a rebel runner is all about.
- All the reasons a virtual race is a good option for anyone!
- How you can get the most out of your virtual race.
- 4 logistical considerations before you start your virtual race.
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
If you have any questions you’d like answered on the show, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Join the Not Your Average Runner Private Facebook Community
- Join the Run Your Best Life Coaching Group!
- Kara Loewentheil
- Unf*ck Your Brain Podcast
- Universal Standard
- La Croix
- Zombies, Run! Virtual Races
- Indianapolis Half Marathon
- Full Medal Runs
- Will Run For Bling
- Gone For A Run
- The Brave Athlete: Calm the F*ck Down and Rise to the Occasion by Lesley Paterson and Simon Marshall
Full Episode Transcript:
Enjoy The Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, subscribe via iTunes, Stitcher or RSS.
- Leave us a review in iTunes.
- Join the conversation by leaving a comment below!