One thing we used to do at my old job was to carry out a process called an ‘after-action review’ after each project ended. It was a great tool to see what worked, what didn’t work, and to use that data to improve for next time. As 2019 has come to a close, I thought now would be the perfect time to lay out the steps in this process for you to do a review of your results from last year.
It can be easy to brush this off because you didn’t set any concrete goals last year, or maybe you think you didn’t achieve anything, but I urge you to spend some time thinking about this because I know there are some unconscious expectations you set for yourself lying under the surface to examine. I’m showing you how to start applying this process to make goal planning in 2020 a completely new experience by tying in the thought model I teach and questions to start asking yourself.
Tune in this week to get 2020 off to a great start. You will be amazed at the difference you’ll see in yourself when you start making a plan for the goals you want to achieve and can look at how you did in 2019 without letting your inner mean girl take over.
The doors to The Rebel Runner Roadmap are open for enrollment! It’s a 30-day online class where I teach you the fundamentals of running. This is a class where you’ll learn how to start running the right way, or how to up-level your running. From running form, strength training, stretching, to all the brain work, it’s all in there. Check it out here and I can’t wait to see you there!
What You’ll Learn From This Episode:
- Why our brains have a bias towards the negative experiences we’ve had.
- Why an after-action review is so great and how to practice it.
- How to stay factual about your results as you go through the review process.
- The questions to ask yourself as you start looking ahead.
- How to work the CTFAR model backwards.
- 2 ways failure is a great teacher as you go after your goals.
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
- If you have any questions you’d like answered on the show, email me at email@example.com
- Join the Not Your Average Runner Private Facebook Community
- Join Run Your Best Life to get exclusive content from a podcast accessible just for members!
- Not Your Average Runner Instagram
- Ep #33: How to Coach Yourself
Full Episode Transcript:
Enjoy The Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, follow on Spotify and subscribe via Apple Podcasts, Stitcher or RSS.
- Leave us a review in Apple Podcasts.
- Join the conversation by leaving a comment below!