More and more people seem to think their status as a runner depends on more than just the fact that they go out and run. Honestly, even people who’ve been running for years say, “Oh, but I’m not a real runner…” These are people who have literally finished marathons, but they still have this story that they aren’t legit.
What are your thoughts on telling people you’re a runner? What does it even mean to feel like a runner? What are ‘real’ runners thinking so they don’t have to qualify their statements about their runs?
Whether you’re struggling to call yourself a runner because you take run-walk intervals, run at a slower pace than others, or think what you’re really doing is a light jog, this episode is for you. I’ve had all of these thoughts and more, but I’m giving you eight ways to start thinking like a runner right now, so you can embrace your identity as a full-fledged runner.
Up and Running is opening up in September 2023! Keep your eyes and ears open for more details.
If you could guarantee your success in training for a half marathon by doing just one thing, would you do it? Well, I have just the thing and it’s called Run Your Best Life. This is the training program where you’ll have multiple coaches, a fantastic community, and endless resources to support you along the way. Run Your Best Life is now open to all women who want to get running, so hop on in! Throughout August 2023, we’re running a body confidence class, so NOW is an amazing time to join!
What You’ll Learn From This Episode:
- How thinking like a runner makes it easier to stay motivated and excited.
- 8 thought patterns for your practice, so you can start feeling like a runner.
- Why you can always feel like a runner, as long as you think, “I am a runner.”
- The specific thoughts that people who consider themselves runners have.
- My own journey of starting to identify as a runner.
- How to use these 8 thought patterns to create your identity as a runner.
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
- If you have any questions you’d like answered on the show, email me at email@example.com
- Join the Not Your Average Runner Private Facebook Community
- Not Your Average Runner Instagram
- Check out my books!
- Ep #231: 8 Easy Ways to Think Like a Runner
Full Episode Transcript:
Enjoy The Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, follow on Spotify, Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, or RSS.
- Leave us a review in Apple Podcasts.
- Join the conversation by leaving a comment below!