Last month, I had the privilege of being a guest on the Another Mother Runner Podcast with Sarah Bowen Shea and Dimity McDowell. AMR is the OG podcast all about running, and I used to binge-listen their show on my long runs while I was training for my first half marathon, so getting to meet these women was truly a dream come true!
We dove into all things being a heavier runner, and we had such a great conversation that I knew I had to share it with you here too. The notion that runners can come in all shapes and sizes is still fairly new and misunderstood, so I’m extremely honored they asked me to come on and talk about what it means to be a fat runner.
Listen in this week as we explore my relationship with weight loss and my experience of creating a space for runners who feel “other” in the running world. I’m sharing my thoughts on weight loss, especially in relation to running speed, the mental side of running, and the myths that need to be dispelled about being a larger-bodied runner.
If you enjoyed this episode, you have to check out the Rebel Runner Roadmap! It’s my 30-day learn-to-run class where I get you set up to train for a 5K! Click here to join the waitlist!
What You’ll Learn From This Episode:
- My running origin story.
- How my running journey led to my coaching business.
- Why I’ve reclaimed the word ‘fat’ for myself.
- One key thing that has helped limit my injuries.
- The myths that need to be dispelled about being a heavier runner.
- Why losing weight is not the only way to become a faster runner.
- My experience of looking for running gear that fits my size and shape.
- Why running is not the best weight loss strategy and how I coach clients who want to run for weight loss.
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
- If you have any questions you’d like answered on the show, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Join the Not Your Average Runner Private Facebook Community
- Not Your Average Runner Instagram
- Another Mother Runner: Website | Podcast
- Not Your Average Runner: Why You’re Not Too Fat to Run and the Skinny on How to Start Today by Jill Angie
- Skirt Sports
Full Episode Transcript:
Enjoy The Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, follow on Spotify and subscribe via Apple Podcasts, Stitcher or RSS.
- Leave us a review in Apple Podcasts.
- Join the conversation by leaving a comment below!