I recently got an email from somebody who told me they were offended by the language I use in my posts and on the podcast and were therefore unsubscribing. This isn’t the first one I’ve gotten, and guess what? I totally get it.
What I’m diving into this week is all about why being your authentic self is the best way to be! I’m exploring why creating palatable versions of yourself to please other people does not work and will only cost you your energy and wellbeing. I might surprise you here, but the tools I’m sharing explain why being offended or not liking what someone else does is not their problem or responsibility.
Join me for a short and sweet rant about why authenticity matters! It’s not always easy to truly be yourself because we all want to be liked, but hopefully, this episode will show you why honing in on it is so empowering!If people actually do like you, whatever version of you that you're pretending to be, what they really like is the person you've created. They don't actually like you. They don't even know you. Click To Tweet
I’m taking a crew of women to New Orleans in February to run the Rock n Roll half there for a once in a lifetime race-cation! If you have a half marathon on your bucket list or if you’ve done a five-mile run within the past month, I want you to sign up for a quick call with my team! This trip is going to be epic and you do not want to miss it!
What You’ll Learn From this Episode:
- My favorite time to train for a half marathon.
- Why being your authentic self can be difficult.
- The best thing about showing up as yourself.
- Why running is a great way to apply the tools I teach.
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
If you have any questions you’d like answered on the show, email me at email@example.com
- Join the Not Your Average Runner Private Facebook Community
- Join Run Your Best Life to get exclusive content from a podcast accessible just for members!
- Not Your Average Runner Instagram
- New Orleans Rock n Roll half marathon
- The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel
- Doc Parsley’s Sleep Remedy
Full Episode Transcript:
Enjoy The Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, subscribe via iTunes, Stitcher or RSS.
- Leave us a review in iTunes.
- Join the conversation by leaving a comment below!