I’m hanging out with my fabulous friends today, Jen Lamplough and Elle Dee, who are both Run Your Best Life and Not Your Average Runner coaches. We’ve been getting lots of questions from you listeners about topics you’d like addressed here on the podcast, and we’re diving into one today that I know so many people get caught up in.
Overtraining is something all three of us have personally experienced, and for so many reasons that we’re getting into on this episode, runners of all levels tend to do on their own journeys too. Whether it’s run streaks and challenges, or not trusting yourself to stay on track if you don’t train, and a whole host of other factors, we have to start digging into why it’s crucial to avoid overtraining.
Listen in this week as Jen, Elle Dee, and I discuss the perils of overtraining and how to spot the warning signals that you might be doing it. So many of us know the benefits of scheduling rest days on our plans, and yet we struggle to find peace with it, so we’re sharing what our days off often look like and our best tips for what you can do to avoid overtraining.
If you enjoy listening to this show, you have to check out the Rebel Runner Roadmap! It’s a 30-day online program that will teach you exactly how to start running, stick with it, and become the runner you’ve always wanted to be. Our next session starts on April 11th. If you want 2021 to be your year to become a runner, come join us and I can’t wait to meet you in there!
If you’re just starting out on your running journey or getting back into it after some time off, I want you to sign up for my free 30-day Running Start Kit. Just click here to sign up, and make sure to share it with anyone else who could use it!
What You’ll Learn From This Episode:
- Our personal experiences of overtraining.
- The warning signs of overtraining to look out for.
- What you’re missing out on when you refuse to build rest into your training.
- The consequences of overtraining.
- What you have to consider when you’re setting your training schedule.
- One reason so many people end up overtraining.
- What you can do on your rest days and what ours look like.
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
- If you have any questions you’d like answered on the show, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you have topic suggestions for our next discussion, email us at email@example.com
- Join the Not Your Average Runner Private Facebook Community
- Join Run Your Best Life to get exclusive content from a podcast accessible just for members!
- Not Your Average Runner Instagram
- Purewave massage wand
- Rest Day bath salts
Full Episode Transcript:
Enjoy The Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, follow on Spotify and subscribe via Apple Podcasts, Stitcher or RSS.
- Leave us a review in Apple Podcasts.
- Join the conversation by leaving a comment below!