Have you ever had a run that just sucked? Maybe you got going and you felt like trash, your legs were heavy, and you couldn’t get your breath. Well, this happens to all of us, and I’m breaking down 10 of the most common reasons why, and what you can do about them in this episode.
How many times have you been on the perfect run where everything felt super easy, and just decided that you will now and forever be an amazing runner? My guess is never. So, when we think we’ve had a bad run, why do we believe that we’re just a crappy runner and we might as well quit?
When our brain starts to go down the road of, “Oh shit, running is going to be terrible from here on out,” our thoughts are going to run away with themselves, and we want to stop that train before it leaves the station. So, tune in this week to discover the 10 reasons why you had a bad run, how to analyze the feedback from your brain and your body, and how to make sure you give yourself the best chance of enjoying your next one.
Registration for the Rebel Runner Roadmap is now open and class starts April 26th! It’s a 30-day online program that will teach you exactly how to start running, stick with it, and become the runner you’ve always wanted to be. If you want 2021 to be your year to become a runner, come join us and I can’t wait to meet you in there!
If you’re just starting out on your running journey or getting back into it after some time off, I want you to sign up for my free 30-day Running Start Kit. Just click here to sign up, and make sure to share it with anyone else who could use it!
What You’ll Learn From This Episode:
- Why I believe every “bad run” actually always starts out with a big win.
- How choosing to focus on how “bad” your run was only leads to more of the same.
- What you should be focusing on after you’ve finished a run that you weren’t 100% happy with.
- 10 perfectly good reasons why you had a bad run that can be difficult to notice in the moment.
- What you can do to set yourself up to have the best runs possible without judging the crappy ones.
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
- If you have any questions you’d like answered on the show, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you have topic suggestions for our next discussion, email us at email@example.com
- Join the Not Your Average Runner Private Facebook Community
- Join Run Your Best Life to get exclusive content from a podcast accessible just for members!
- Not Your Average Runner Instagram
Full Episode Transcript:
Enjoy The Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, follow on Spotify and subscribe via Apple Podcasts, Stitcher or RSS.
- Leave us a review in Apple Podcasts.
- Join the conversation by leaving a comment below!