How often do you listen to that inner voice talking smack in your ear? Do the observations you make about yourself feel true? I mean, of course, your belly is gross and it’s a fact that you’re a slow runner, right? My rebellious friends, you couldn’t be more wrong.
This week’s topic is one I know all of you will resonate with because we’re talking about how to stop being an asshole to yourself, and my goal is to blow your mind a little today. So many people don’t even realize they have an inner mean girl, and we live our lives letting her run the show. But we have to start taking the reins and handling her so we can go after our dreams, and I’m showing you how today.
Tune in this week as I show you why the opinions and judgments you have about yourself are not facts, and how you have a choice in whether to believe your inner mean girl. I’m sharing three of my top tips for things you can do when you hear her starting to chime in, so you can intentionally get in the driver’s seat and take charge of your brain and body instead.
If you enjoy listening to this show, you have to check out the Rebel Runner Roadmap! It’s a 30-day online program that will teach you exactly how to start running, stick with it, and become the runner you’ve always wanted to be. If you want 2021 to be your year to become a runner, come join us and I can’t wait to meet you in there!
If you’re just starting out on your running journey or getting back into it after some time off, I want you to sign up for my free 30-day Running Start Kit. Just click here to sign up, and make sure to share it with anyone else who could use it!
What You’ll Learn From This Episode:
- Why so many people don’t realize they have an inner mean girl.
- The 2 reasons we believe our inner mean girl.
- How “gross,” “lazy,” “ugly,” or, “slow” are simply opinions and not facts.
- The first step to handling your inner mean girl.
- 3 things you can do when you hear that inner voice.
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
- If you have any questions you’d like answered on the show, email me at email@example.com
- Join the Not Your Average Runner Private Facebook Community
- Join Run Your Best Life to get exclusive content from a podcast accessible just for members!
- Not Your Average Runner Instagram
Full Episode Transcript:
Enjoy The Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, follow on Spotify and subscribe via Apple Podcasts, Stitcher or RSS.
- Leave us a review in Apple Podcasts.
- Join the conversation by leaving a comment below!