I know that many of you have used the pandemic to start a fitness program, whether that is running or any other form of exercise. You were pumped to start, but now, somehow, you’re struggling to stick with it. I have done this myself over and over again with various classes and workouts. I’ve felt disappointed, discouraged, and frustrated with myself, so I know the feeling. So today, I’m helping you become a consistent exerciser.
You might have the thought that you’re not cut out to be a runner, or that you simply don’t like to exercise, for any number of reasons. On this episode, I’m inviting you to dig into your objections and see if you really like them, because if you’re struggling with the back and forth of, “I should be doing it, but I don’t want to,” you’ve got some work to do, my friends.
Join me today as I lay out all the benefits of exercising consistently for your body and your mind. I’m sharing some reasons for why you might want to start doing it, and some objections that could be coming up for you that are holding you back from making it a routine. Make sure to listen all the way to the end as I share some information on an upcoming class I’m running on this topic!
I’m doing a one-off virtual online class on becoming someone who exercises consistently called Not Your Average Workout: How to Start Today and Stick with It for Life! My goal for you in this class is to help you create a realistic workout routine for yourself that you can actually stick to, along with learning all the tools I share! If you want to create an identity for yourself as an exerciser and deal with the tantrums in your brain, you need to come check it out.
The class is on August 23rd from noon to 3pm Eastern time. It’s only $39, so click here to join and I can’t wait to see you there!
The Rebel Runner Roadmap is a 30-day online class where I teach you the fundamentals of running. This is a class where you’ll learn how to start running the right way, or how to up-level your running. From running form, strength training, stretching, to all the brain work, it’s all in there. Check it out here and get on the waiting list for the next round of enrollment …I can’t wait to see you there!
What You’ll Learn From This Episode:
- A definition of exercise that I find really helpful.
- The secret solution to becoming a regular exerciser.
- How exercising benefits your body and your mind.
- 5 reasons why you might want to exercise.
- A list of objections that could be why you’re struggling to be a consistent exerciser.
- Why you have to examine your thoughts if you want to become somebody who exercises consistently.
- How to counteract your objections and thought errors.
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
- If you have any questions you’d like answered on the show, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Join the Not Your Average Runner Private Facebook Community
- Join Run Your Best Life to get exclusive content from a podcast accessible just for members!
- Not Your Average Runner Instagram
Full Episode Transcript:
Enjoy The Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, follow on Spotify and subscribe via Apple Podcasts, Stitcher or RSS.
- Leave us a review in Apple Podcasts.
- Join the conversation by leaving a comment below!