The latest round of the Rebel Runner Roadmap is coming to a close, and I’ve heard numerous times from members that they’re not ready to leave because they “aren’t good at running yet.” All of us, including myself, often have the belief that stuff should be easy, and the reality hits us when we try over and over again and don’t seem to be making any progress.
Holding onto the story that running should get easier – even when you’ve only been on three runs or however many you think constitutes getting better – is holding you back and likely to make you quit. We all know how the thought model works, and creating a story about running being hard, or complaining that it isn’t getting any easier is the key thought pattern to notice if you want to keep at it long-term.
Join me this week as I dive into the difference between people who become great at running and those who quit. Failure isn’t about sucking at something, as most people would assume, and I’m showing you how you 100% have the ability to become a great runner if that’s what you want.
The Rebel Runner Roadmap is a 30-day online class where I teach you the fundamentals of running. This is a class where you’ll learn how to start running the right way, or how to up-level your running. From running form, strength training, stretching, to all the brain work, it’s all in there. Check it out here and get on the waiting list for the next round of enrollment …I can’t wait to see you there!
What You’ll Learn From This Episode:
- How the belief that doing something new should be easy stops us from making progress.
- The secret to getting good at running.
- How complaining about running being hard will make that story a reality.
- What failure really means.
- Why the problem isn’t that you’re not a great runner right now.
- How something being easy right out of the gate doesn’t serve you.
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
- If you have any questions you’d like answered on the show, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Join the Not Your Average Runner Private Facebook Community
- Join Run Your Best Life to get exclusive content from a podcast accessible just for members!
- Not Your Average Runner Instagram
Full Episode Transcript:
Enjoy The Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, follow on Spotify and subscribe via Apple Podcasts, Stitcher or RSS.
- Leave us a review in Apple Podcasts.
- Join the conversation by leaving a comment below!