As a fat runner who has coached thousands of women to start running, I’ve noticed one thing that predicts their success: a beginner’s mindset. This mindset is extremely helpful to adopt when starting out as a runner, but the truth is, it can be a game-changer for experienced runners as well.
There are five beginner’s mindset tricks that will help you fall in love with running, no matter how long you’ve been a runner. It’s so easy to get caught up in the data and whether you have the “right” weight, have all the expensive gear, or have the perfect fueling plan. Those things are great, but they’re definitely not necessary to get started. So, what is?
Join me this week to hear five beginner’s mindset hacks that will help you truly enjoy the sport of running. Whether you’re a seasoned runner or you haven’t pulled the trigger on running yet, I’m showing you the magic that can unfold when you adopt a beginner’s mindset.
Why haven’t you started running yet? Whether you’re feeling anxious, self-conscious, or think you simply don’t have the time to add one more thing to your busy schedule, I’ve got you. I’m teaching a free class called How to Start Running When You’re Fat, happening on September 6th at 7:30pm Eastern. Register by clicking here, and I hope to see you there!
Up and Running is opening up in September 2023! Keep your eyes and ears open for more details.
If you could guarantee your success in training for a half marathon by doing just one thing, would you do it? Well, I have just the thing and it’s called Run Your Best Life. This is the training program where you’ll have multiple coaches, a fantastic community, and endless resources to support you along the way. Run Your Best Life is now open to all women who want to get running, so hop on in! Throughout August 2023, we’re running a body confidence class, so NOW is an amazing time to join!
What You’ll Learn From This Episode:
- 5 beginner’s mindset concepts that predict your success as a runner.
- Why struggling doesn’t mean anything has gone wrong.
- What’s getting in your way of experiencing the fun of running.
- The secret to making progress easier.
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
- If you have any questions you’d like answered on the show, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Join the Not Your Average Runner Private Facebook Community
- Not Your Average Runner Instagram
- Check out my books!
Full Episode Transcript:
Enjoy The Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, follow on Spotify, Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, or RSS.
- Leave us a review in Apple Podcasts.
- Join the conversation by leaving a comment below!