Rebels, I have an awesome guest on the show this week! Jaclyn Ricchio is an imperfect eating coach who helps casualties of Whole30 and other restrictive diets enjoy food again and live their lives to the fullest, as well as find joy in imperfect moving and running. Jaclyn is a certified health coach and avid runner as well, so I know you’re going to love her insights.
In Run Your Best Life, we’ve been talking about how perfectionism is a total motivation killer, so I am super pumped to introduce Jaclyn’s philosophy, which is also very close to ours here at Not Your Average Runner. We’re discussing Jaclyn’s background, how she has learned to be comfortable with imperfection, and how she coaches her clients to get through the same thought patterns that make it impossible to reach our goals.
Listen in on our conversation today as we take a deep dive into kinder self-talk and what makes you a “real” runner. Jaclyn’s concept of imperfect movement is awesome, and I hope this episode helps you realize that perfectionism isn’t the answer.
What You’ll Learn From this Episode:
- How Jaclyn applies the concept of imperfection to movement and running.
- The most important practice when you’re training for any race.
- Why Jaclyn transitioned from being a teacher to coaching.
- How Jaclyn’s teaching experience has made her kinder to herself.
- Jaclyn’s favorite podcasts to listen to when she’s running.
- How Jaclyn taught herself to love long distance running.
- Why you have to be willing to be imperfect as an entrepreneur.
- How Jaclyn teaches others to have kinder self-talk.
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
- If you have any questions you’d like answered on the show, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Join the Not Your Average Runner Private Facebook Community
- Join Run Your Best Life to get exclusive content from a podcast accessible just for members!
- Not Your Average Runner Instagram
- Half Marathon course
- Connect with Jaclyn: Website | Instagram
- Actually, You Are a Real Runner Podcast
- The Gifts of Imperfection by Brené Brown
- This American Life podcast
- Serial podcast
- My Favorite Murder podcast
- How I Built This podcast
- The Best Life podcast
- TED radio hour
Full Episode Transcript:
Enjoy The Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, follow on Spotify and subscribe via Apple Podcasts, Stitcher or RSS.
- Leave us a review in Apple Podcasts.
- Join the conversation by leaving a comment below!