My guest this week is someone you’re going to absolutely love. She’s the perfect example of my belief that bodies of all sizes can participate and thrive in all sports, she’s an incredibly inspiring advocate for body acceptance and larger bodies in general, and I can’t wait to share this conversation with you.
Laine Dubin is a full-time college student, figure skater, and fashion content creator. She started a sustainable thrifting business on Instagram in 2020, specifically thrifting clothes for larger bodies. After going viral on TikTok earlier this year for her skating content, she not only exemplifies the fact that there’s room for fat women in fashion, but on the ice too.
Join us on this episode as I quiz Laine about her skating and body acceptance journey. She’s sharing her thoughts on why our bodies should be cherished and treasured no matter their size, the beauty of learning how they move regardless of the sport of your choice, and her valuable tips for anyone wanting to try figure skating but who has always believed it’s a sport reserved for smaller bodies.
If you could guarantee your success in training for a half marathon by doing just one thing, would you do it? Well, I have just the thing and it’s called Run Your Best Life. This is the training program where you’ll have multiple coaches, a fantastic community, and endless resources to support you along the way. Run Your Best Life is now open to all women who want to get running, so hop on in!
What You’ll Learn From This Episode:
- How Laine got into figure skating.
- The role figure skating has played in Laine’s body acceptance journey.
- Laine’s thoughts on the limitations her body presents on the ice.
- How our changing bodies are an opportunity to learn about what it needs.
- The self-care routine Laine practices on days where she’s not feeling great.
- What Laine’s stretching and strength training routine looks like.
- Laine’s tips for getting started skating.
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
- If you have any questions you’d like answered on the show, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Join the Not Your Average Runner Private Facebook Community
- Not Your Average Runner Instagram
- Check out my books!
- Laine Dubin: Instagram | TikTok
- Basicallyy Broke Thrifts
Full Episode Transcript:
Enjoy The Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, follow on Spotify, Apple Podcasts, Stitcher, or RSS.
- Leave us a review in Apple Podcasts.
- Join the conversation by leaving a comment below!