My guest on the show this week needs no introduction. If you regularly tune in here, you’ll know Jen Lamplough by now, and we’re here to have some tricky discussions today. Self-love and body positivity are themes that are discussed openly on the podcast, and since we check in with each other weekly, Jen and I thought we would bring you a conversation we’ve been having about our state of mind around this very topic.
With the rise of the body positivity movement, there’s been a lot of awareness around the diet mentality and how it doesn’t serve us. This community is one I consider myself to be a part of, but Jen and I have some qualms about some of its messaging too, and we thought we would share them here and talk about why it’s so important for us as women to start discerning what’s useful to us and what isn’t.
Listen in this week as Jen and I explore our experiences of having other people share their opinions about our body size, and how you can love yourself the way you are right now while, at the same time, making strides to change your body. It is so crucial for us to separate our opinions of ourselves from other people’s, and we’re taking this opportunity to emphasize the importance of always harnessing self-love.
If you enjoy listening to this show, you have to check out the Rebel Runner Roadmap! It’s a 30-day online program that will teach you exactly how to start running, stick with it, and become the runner you’ve always wanted to be. If you want 2021 to be your year to become a runner, come join us and I can’t wait to meet you in there!
If you’re just starting out on your running journey or getting back into it after some time off, I want you to sign up for my free 30-day Running Start Kit. Just click here to sign up, and make sure to share it with anyone else who could use it!
What You’ll Learn From This Episode:
- Jen and my experience of other people having opinions of how we should feel about our bodies.
- How Jen is in the pursuit of losing weight while loving where she is today.
- Why it’s so important for women to separate our opinions of ourselves from other people’s opinions and recognize the difference.
- Our opinions on how the messaging from the body positive community invokes feelings of shame similar to that of the diet industry.
- Why any change you want to make is more long-lasting when it comes from a place of love.
- Our thoughts on being triggered and using trigger warnings.
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
- If you have any questions you’d like answered on the show, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Join the Not Your Average Runner Private Facebook Community
- Join Run Your Best Life to get exclusive content from a podcast accessible just for members!
- Not Your Average Runner Instagram
- Ep #183: How to Love Yourself Like a Boss
- Clifton Strengths Finder
- Untamed by Glennon Doyle
Full Episode Transcript:
Enjoy The Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, follow on Spotify and subscribe via Apple Podcasts, Stitcher or RSS.
- Leave us a review in Apple Podcasts.
- Join the conversation by leaving a comment below!