This week, I’m speaking with Joan Denizot – the founder and president of Zize Bikes, which builds bicycles for heavier ladies and gents. Not only is Joan committed to providing the means for people of all sizes to rediscover movement and the joys of riding a bike, but she is also determined to create a sense of community amongst both men and women who feel isolated because of their body size.
Having done a lot of work on herself and as a proponent of body positivity, Joan gives us some insight into what has helped boost her confidence. It’s easy to forget that everyone has an inner mean girl, and she shares her struggles with thoughts that crop up every so often – I’m sure you’ll all be able to relate.
Tune in to catch my seriously fun conversation with Joan! We covered everything from her company to self-love and community. She’s such an inspiration to so many and I know you’re going to love her vibe!It's so much more fun to just enjoy life and say, 'If you have a problem with me, I don't care, it's none of my business. I couldn't care less.' - Joan Denizot Click To Tweet
What You’ll Learn From this Episode:
- How Joan came up with the idea for Zize Bikes and its mission.
- Joan’s journey with weight loss and body image.
- What has helped Joan feel more self-love and self-confidence.
- Why it’s okay for self-love to be a long process.
- Joan’s biggest challenge and greatest joy in getting to where she is today.
- How Joan’s new program helps men and women live well as they are.
- Why a sense of community is so important.
- Joan’s mission with As You Are.
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
If you have any questions you’d like answered on the show, email me at email@example.com
- Join the Not Your Average Runner Private Facebook Community
- Join Run Your Best Life to get exclusive content from a podcast accessible just for members!
- Not Your Average Runner Instagram
- Joan Denizot: Instagram | Facebook
- Zize Bikes
- Bikes with Friends group
- As You Are: Website | Instagram
- Healthy Living Challenge
- Self-love quiz
Full Episode Transcript:
Enjoy The Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, subscribe via iTunes, Stitcher or RSS.
- Leave us a review in iTunes.
- Join the conversation by leaving a comment below!