Consistency in building habits and creating long-term change is something I love talking about, and I especially love discussing it with people who have really mastered this process. So my guest this week is Gregg Clunis, the host of the Tiny Leaps, Big Changes podcast, author of the book by the same name, and a new runner.
Gregg has created so much structure and a tangible framework around something we all struggle with: consistency. And I’m so honored to interview him on the show today and have him share his extensive wisdom on goal setting and creating long-term lifestyle changes, and we dive into a deep discussion about life being a high stakes game and why we play life so safely.
Join in on our conversation this week as Gregg shares the three main components of building consistency and how to build an identity, whether that’s as a runner or anything else you are working towards. He’s also generously giving us some insight into his book and the lessons he’s learned about life in this process. His knowledge is so valuable, so don’t forget to check out his course, book, and podcast!
The Rebel Runner Roadmap is a 30-day online class where I teach you the fundamentals of running. This is a class where you’ll learn how to start running the right way, or how to up-level your running. From running form, strength training, stretching, to all the brain work, it’s all in there. Check it out here and get on the waiting list for the next round of enrollment …I can’t wait to see you there!
What You’ll Learn From This Episode:
- Gregg’s goal with his podcast and what his mission has been for the last five years.
- What tiny leaps are.
- The power of creating a strong identity as a runner.
- 3 main components to building consistency and that will help drive behavior before identity gets developed.
- The biggest part we’re missing when it comes to goal setting.
- Gregg’s two personal awareness tools.
- Why we need more dynamic systems to keep our goals top of mind.
- How to build empathy and give yourself space to create long-term changes.
- Why progress over perfection needs to become your target.
- What the passing of Gregg’s father taught him and sparked in him to write his book.
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
- If you have any questions you’d like answered on the show, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Join the Not Your Average Runner Private Facebook Community
- Join Run Your Best Life to get exclusive content from a podcast accessible just for members!
- Not Your Average Runner Instagram
- Gregg Clunis: Website | Instagram | Facebook
- Tiny Leaps, Big Changes podcast
- Tiny Leaps, Big Changes by Gregg Clunis
- The Consistency Code
Full Episode Transcript:
Enjoy The Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, follow on Spotify and subscribe via Apple Podcasts, Stitcher or RSS.
- Leave us a review in Apple Podcasts.
- Join the conversation by leaving a comment below!