This week, I’m excited to introduce you to Charlotte Rooney, a leadership and anti-burnout coach. Charlotte believes that success shouldn’t come at the cost of a life you love, and she’s on a mission to help women build wildly successful careers and become the leaders they want to be without sacrificing their identity, well-being, or mental health.
If you’ve ever based your running on achieving more, getting faster, and improving every time you get out there, you might be at risk of burnout. Charlotte is sharing her own experience of approaching running in the same way as her career, and how it prevented her not only from getting the benefits of intuitive and gentle movement but, most importantly, from enjoying it.
Join us on this episode as Charlotte shares how work and life burnout can affect your running, and what you can do to heal symptoms of burnout. She’s offering both the obvious and more subtle signs of burnout to look out for, the role that running now plays in her life, and why success can include prioritizing your well-being, mental health, and whole humanity.
If you could guarantee your success in training for a half marathon by doing just one thing, would you do it? Well, I have just the thing and it’s called Run Your Best Life. This is the training program where you’ll have multiple coaches, a fantastic community, and endless resources to support you along the way. Run Your Best Life is now open to all women who want to get running, so hop on in! Throughout August 2023, we’re running a body confidence class, so NOW is an amazing time to join!
What You’ll Learn From This Episode:
- What led Charlotte to become an anti-burnout coach.
- The parallels Charlotte saw between her work life and her running journey.
- How to recognize the signs that you may be in burnout.
- The physiological symptoms of burnout you may not immediately recognize.
- How Charlotte shifted her approach to running and the role running plays in her life now.
- The correlation between trauma and burnout.
- Charlotte’s tips for healing burnout.
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
- If you have any questions you’d like answered on the show, email me at email@example.com
- Join the Not Your Average Runner Private Facebook Community
- Not Your Average Runner Instagram
- Check out my books!
- Charlotte Rooney: Website | Instagram | LinkedIn
- The One That Could Have Been – Friends episode
Full Episode Transcript:
Enjoy The Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, follow on Spotify, Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, or RSS.
- Leave us a review in Apple Podcasts.
- Join the conversation by leaving a comment below!