We have reached 250 episodes! This absolutely blows my mind in the best way possible, and to know there are so many people out there who want to know about becoming a runner in a larger body is truly humbling. So, to honor that, I’m taking this episode to talk about the seven most common challenges larger runners face, and how to get past them.
When you’re a fat runner, there are some things you’ll need to deal with. They’re not barriers as much as they are situations where we need to tread carefully. So, if you want to avoid injuries, chafing, or you just want to get your brain in check so you can actually enjoy the experience of running, you’re in the right place.
Tune in this week to discover the biggest challenges you’re facing as a larger-bodied runner, and how to get yourself up and running anyway. I’m sharing all of the physical and mental obstacles you’ll come across as you start your running journey, along with my practical tips to stop these challenges from getting in your way.
I’m kicking off a beginner’s running class on June 1st called Up and Running. We’re helping you start safely and become a runner in the body you have right now, so click here for more information or to sign up!
What You’ll Learn From This Episode:
- The challenges runners with larger bodies tend to face when starting out running.
- Why the mass of your body doesn’t determine your success as a runner.
- How to get clear on any beliefs, mental drama, or negative emotion you experience around being a fat person in a fatphobic world.
- My practical tips for becoming a stronger runner, lowering your chance of injury.
- How to deal with the very real problems of chafing and jiggling.
- Why some people won’t understand that you’re a runner, and that’s okay.
- How to get yourself running and actually enjoy it.
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
- If you have any questions you’d like answered on the show, email me at email@example.com
- Click here to get on the waitlist for Up and Running!
- Join the Not Your Average Runner Private Facebook Community
- Not Your Average Runner Instagram
- Body Glide Original Anti Chafe Balm
- ENELL Sports Bras (Use code JILLSHIP for free shipping)
- Superfit Hero
- Ep #247: Showing Off Your Skin, Spandex, and Confidence with Style Coach Judith Gaton
Full Episode Transcript:
Enjoy The Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, follow on Spotify, Apple Podcasts, Stitcher, or RSS.
- Leave us a review in Apple Podcasts.
- Join the conversation by leaving a comment below!