I’m here this week with the one and only Coach Jen Lamplough! A few episodes ago, we briefly spoke about her goal of running the Chicago Marathon with the rest of the Not Your Average Runner team, and this week she’s back with a vulnerable update to share with us.
Since declaring her goal of re-doing the Chicago Marathon when she turns 50, Jen has been navigating a variety of changes in her life, which she dives into on this episode. All of us can fall into the trap of using goals to help us feel a certain way, and when we share big goals publicly like Jen has, there’s a lot that can happen when you realize an internal shift has occurred.
Tune in this week as Jen offers an update on her goal of running the Chicago Marathon, and how she’s currently feeling about it. You’ll hear how so many of us torture ourselves over decisions we’ve made, why we’re allowed to let ourselves off the hook, and the difference between doing this from an unconscious versus intentional place.
Up and Running is opening up in September 2023! Keep your eyes and ears open for more details.
If you could guarantee your success in training for a half marathon by doing just one thing, would you do it? Well, I have just the thing and it’s called Run Your Best Life. This is the training program where you’ll have multiple coaches, a fantastic community, and endless resources to support you along the way. Run Your Best Life is now open to all women who want to get running, so hop on in! Throughout August 2023, we’re running a body confidence class, so NOW is an amazing time to join!
What You’ll Learn From This Episode:
- Jen shares her journey of wanting to run the Chicago Marathon.
- How Jen is feeling about the Chicago Marathon.
- The emotions that have been coming up for Jen about her goal.
- Jen’s process for rationalizing her reasons for wanting to change her mind.
- What made Jen realize she didn’t want to follow through on her big goal.
- The difference between quiet quitting and a decisive choice.
- Jen’s reasons for running and strength training.
- A sign that you might need to re-evaluate the goals you want to go after.
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
- If you have any questions you’d like answered on the show, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Join the Not Your Average Runner Private Facebook Community
- Not Your Average Runner Instagram
- Check out my books!
- Ep #8: How to Overcome Your First Marathon with Jen Lamplough
- Ep #310: Body Image BS and Feeling Worthy with the NYAR Team
- Atomic Habits by James Clear
- Untamed by Glennon Doyle
Full Episode Transcript:
Enjoy The Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, follow on Spotify, Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, or RSS.
- Leave us a review in Apple Podcasts.
- Join the conversation by leaving a comment below!