I have heard the term choose your hard a lot, and discussing it in Run Your Best Life has been a real game-changer for the members. So, I’m bringing this concept to the podcast today to see if it can change your life as well.
It’s hard to get up early and go for a run. But feeling like crap because you’ve been existing on caffeine and donuts and haven’t exercised for a month is also hard. No judgment by the way. I’ve totally been there. And if that works for you, then fine. But choosing your hard is all about deciding which difficult thing you want to do.
Tune in this week to discover how to choose your hard in a way that serves you. I’m sharing why our brains always try to convince us to take the easy option, and then beat us up for it. When you bring your awareness to this pattern, you’ll be able to make decisions in one moment that will actually benefit you in the long term, no matter how difficult it feels in that moment.
I have some awesome news for you. On Monday, August 16th, I’m opening up registration for my How to Become a Consistent Exerciser Workshop. This is the fourth time I’ve taught this workshop, and every time, people have been blown away by how I teach the concept of consistency. So if you want to understand the excuses you’re making, why you’re making them, your excuse personality, and how to work with your specific excuse personality to get your butt in gear. Keep an eye on my homepage and Instagram for more details.
If you enjoyed this episode, you have to check out the Rebel Runner Roadmap! It’s my 30-day learn-to-run class where I get you set up to train for a 5K! Class opens in September 2021, so click here to join the waitlist!
What You’ll Learn From This Episode:
- Why it is always easier to choose the difficult consequences over the hard thing in front of you.
- How our brains are wired to choose the easy and simultaneously punish us for that choice.
- The different kinds of hard that we have to choose between.
- My own experience of not choosing the hard of training for a race, and the equally difficult consequences.
- Where else choosing your hard affects your life beyond your running.
- How to choose your hard in a way that serves you every single day.
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
- If you have any questions you’d like answered on the show, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Join the Not Your Average Runner Private Facebook Community
- Not Your Average Runner Instagram
- Skirt Sports
- Corinne Crabtree
- Kara Loewentheil
- Nancy Brown
Full Episode Transcript:
Enjoy The Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, follow on Spotify and subscribe via Apple Podcasts, Stitcher or RSS.
- Leave us a review in Apple Podcasts.
- Join the conversation by leaving a comment below!