I am back with one of my favorite guests of all time, the amazing Coach Jen Lamplough! If you’re a long-time member of the Run Your Best Life community, you’ll be very familiar with Jen. But if you’re not, I guarantee you’re going to love her, and she’s here to talk about some BIG goals she has for herself.
Five years ago, Jen walked us through her first-ever marathon experience. Safe to say, she didn’t love it. Well, she’s back today because she’s doing it to herself all over again. She’s going for what she calls a Redemption Marathon. She’s fresh off of a long break from running, and she’s here to discuss everything she’s doing to prepare for her next challenge.
Tune in this week to hear all about Coach Jen’s big announcement. A lot has changed since Jen last trained for a big event like this, so she’s sharing the physical training, preparation, and thought work that’s going to get her over the line this time around, and her tips if you’re getting back into running, or just getting started.
If you enjoy this podcast, you have got to check out Up And Running. It’s my 30-day online program that will teach you exactly how to start running, stick with it, and become the runner you have always wanted to be. Click here to learn more.
What You’ll Learn From This Episode:
- Why Jen has decided to run another marathon.
- Jen’s experience of having COVID and how it’s impacted her longer-term health, mentally, physically, and emotionally.
- What it’s been like for Jen to start running again after a significant layoff.
- The specific thoughts Jen has had to work on as she recreates her old training routines and habits.
- Why Jen views this challenge as a new journey, rather than getting back to where she was before.
- Some stories from previous runs that illustrate the importance of proper preparation.
- Jen’s tips for getting out of your head as you return to running, or even if you’re just starting out for the first time.
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
- If you have any questions you’d like answered on the show, email me at email@example.com
- Click here to get on the waitlist for Up and Running!
- Join the Not Your Average Runner Private Facebook Community
- Not Your Average Runner Instagram
- Check out my books!
- Follow Coach Jen Lamplough’s Journey!
- Ep #8: How to Overcome Your First Marathon with Jen Lamplough
- Hot Chocolate 15K & 5K
Full Episode Transcript:
Enjoy The Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, follow on Spotify, Apple Podcasts, Stitcher, or RSS.
- Leave us a review in Apple Podcasts.
- Join the conversation by leaving a comment below!