Mid-October is here, which means the weather is turning. It’s been a hot minute since I’ve addressed cold weather running on the podcast, and I’ve been getting many questions about how to keep running all winter from my clients. So today, I thought I would share some of my top tips for everything winter running.
Running in all types of weather conditions is such an important skill to develop, and yes, that means learning to run in the cold, even if there might be ice and snow outside. Heat management is at the top of the list when it comes to winter running, so I’m sharing all my favorite gear that’ll help make your runs more comfortable, and I’ll be addressing some logistical tips too.
Listen in this week as I share all my recommendations for winter running! Discomfort, at least for the first bit of your run, is inevitable, but I know that the tips I’m sharing with you here will help you work around the weather, and I’m also offering some new thoughts that will help you take care of your beautiful, amazing, pain-in-the-ass brain that tells you it’s too cold to go out and run.
If you’re just starting out on your running journey or getting back into it after some tie off, I want you to sign up for my free 30-day Running Start Kit. Just click here to sign up, and make sure to share it with anyone else who could use it!
The Rebel Runner Roadmap is a 30-day online class where I teach you the fundamentals of running. This is a class where you’ll learn how to start running the right way, or how to up-level your running. From running form, strength training, stretching, to all the brain work, it’s all in there. Check it out here and get on the waiting list for the next round of enrollment …I can’t wait to see you there!
What You’ll Learn From This Episode:
- Why you should learn to run in the cold.
- My top tips for the gear you need for winter running.
- Why you can’t train for a race on a treadmill.
- The key to comfortable winter running.
- How to work around the logistical aspects of winter running.
- My recommendations for working out when you’re sick.
- One thought you can think instead when you don’t want to run in the cold.
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
- If you have any questions you’d like answered on the show, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Join the Not Your Average Runner Private Facebook Community
- Join Run Your Best Life to get exclusive content from a podcast accessible just for members!
- Not Your Average Runner Instagram
- Old Navy
- Turtle Fur
- Noxgear vest
Full Episode Transcript:
Enjoy The Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, follow on Spotify and subscribe via Apple Podcasts, Stitcher or RSS.
- Leave us a review in Apple Podcasts.
- Join the conversation by leaving a comment below!