I recently ran a workshop on how to stop making excuses, and one of the most prevalent thought errors that we discovered keeps many of us stuck is the thought, “Nobody else gives a shit if I get my workout done, so why should I bother?”
You’ve likely said some version of this to yourself before, and today, we’re going to dive into why you simply cannot rely on external motivation or validation to become a consistent exerciser, and what you have to do instead. Nobody else can care enough for you if you don’t, and I’m showing you how to generate the care that you need to build to get the results you want.
Join me this week as I show you why only you can motivate yourself, and the power of coming up with strong reasons to get what you want in life. Deciding to start this practice makes all of your excuses irrelevant, and you’ll soon find that you won’t need anything outside of yourself to go for that run.
The fall session of the Rebel Runner Roadmap is now open for registration! We’re going to be doing a lot of work around excuses in this class, along with teaching you the fundamental skills of running. It truly is the whole package, so click here to sign up now. Class starts September 13th 2020!
What You’ll Learn From This Episode:
- A flawed belief system that keeps many of us giving excuses not to work out.
- Why you have to generate enough care for yourself to workout.
- The truth about needing external motivation to workout.
- How deciding to become a consistent exerciser makes your excuses irrelevant.
- The power of truly wanting something for yourself.
- Why you need a strong reason for doing anything.
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
- If you have any questions you’d like answered on the show, email me at email@example.com
- Join the Not Your Average Runner Private Facebook Community
- Join Run Your Best Life to get exclusive content from a podcast accessible just for members!
- Not Your Average Runner Instagram
Full Episode Transcript:
Enjoy The Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, follow on Spotify and subscribe via Apple Podcasts, Stitcher or RSS.
- Leave us a review in Apple Podcasts.
- Join the conversation by leaving a comment below!