This week, I’m introducing you to another amazing Not Your Average Runner ambassador, Bethany Shields. Bethany is a runner, nutrition coach, and the absolute epitome of a go-getter. Despite the pandemic, Bethany has been so successful in achieving the goals she’s set for herself this year, and I just knew you had to hear from her and get inspired by everything she’s accomplished.
Like many of you, Bethany didn’t exactly start off loving running, but she has managed to cultivate a mindset that has allowed her to set audacious goals and become an athlete. She hasn’t let the pandemic or her own drama stop her from going after what she wants, and I know you’re going to relate to her challenges and be in awe of her determination.
Join Bethany and I on the podcast this week as we dive into her journey as a runner so far and dig into how she overcame the obstacles that seemed to keep coming up for her. 2020 has thrown a spanner in the works for many of us, and Bethany is the perfect example of someone who sees possibility everywhere and doesn’t let anything get in her way.
If you’re just starting out on your running journey or getting back into it after some time off, I want you to sign up for my free 30-day Running Start Kit. Just click here to sign up, and make sure to share it with anyone else who could use it!
The Rebel Runner Roadmap is a 30-day online class where I teach you the fundamentals of running. This is a class where you’ll learn how to start running the right way, or how to up-level your running. From running form, strength training, stretching, to all the brain work, it’s all in there. Check it out here and get on the waiting list for the next round of enrollment …I can’t wait to see you there!
What You’ll Learn From This Episode:
- Why Bethany got into running and what her journey has looked like so far.
- How Bethany shifted from struggling with 5Ks to now regularly running half marathons.
- What helped Bethany find joy in running and want to run longer distances.
- Why failing isn’t a problem for Bethany.
- The mindset Bethany has cultivated that has allowed her to go after so many goals.
- What Bethany’s race calendar for 2020 looked like.
- The biggest challenge Bethany has faced as a runner.
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
- If you have any questions you’d like answered on the show, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Join the Not Your Average Runner Private Facebook Community
- Join Run Your Best Life to get exclusive content from a podcast accessible just for members!
- Not Your Average Runner Instagram
- Bethany Shields: Instagram
Full Episode Transcript:
Enjoy The Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, follow on Spotify and subscribe via Apple Podcasts, Stitcher or RSS.
- Leave us a review in Apple Podcasts.
- Join the conversation by leaving a comment below!