With the world reopening and having to move my plans from last year forward, I’ve been feeling pretty overwhelmed. One of the best ways I know to combat this feeling of overwhelm is usually exercise and moving my body, but it’s also the one thing that I know is very quick to come off our list of to-dos any time we start to feel kind of crappy.
Becoming consistent with anything, but specifically exercise, is something that comes up a lot in my community. Consistency is something I’ve personally struggled with for years, and yes, that includes running too. You name it, I’ve tried it, and I’ve quit it. Hundreds of dollars spent here and there, gone to waste, and months off of running. But I’ve since learned a lot about consistency, and I’m sharing my top tips with you today.
Tune in this week as I offer my top 3 tips for getting consistent with an exercise routine. I’m showing you why you might be struggling with this right now, the thoughts that might be getting in your way, and how to begin analyzing and correcting these thought errors.
Registration for my How to Become a Consistent Exerciser Workshop is open! If you want to understand the excuses you’re making, why you’re making them, your excuse personality, and how to work with your specific excuse personality to get your butt in gear, you need to join us. Click here to find out more and I can’t wait to see you there!
If you enjoyed this episode, you have to check out the Rebel Runner Roadmap! It’s my 30-day learn-to-run class where I get you set up to train for a 5K! Class opens in September 2021, so click here to join the waitlist!
What You’ll Learn From This Episode:
- Why you might be struggling to get consistent with your exercise routine.
- The key to becoming consistent in whatever you do.
- My top 3 tips for becoming a consistent exerciser.
- Why we have to redefine what exercise means to us.
- The difference between reasons and excuses.
- How to analyze your thinking to correct your thought errors.
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
- If you have any questions you’d like answered on the show, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Join the Not Your Average Runner Private Facebook Community
- Not Your Average Runner Instagram
Full Episode Transcript:
Enjoy The Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, follow on Spotify and subscribe via Apple Podcasts, Stitcher or RSS.
- Leave us a review in Apple Podcasts.
- Join the conversation by leaving a comment below!