One question I get asked frequently is around creating training plans and modifying them, especially if you’re bridging the gap between distances. Creating training plans is something I do often for my coaching clients, customizing them based on race schedules or odd distances, and I’m going to spill all my secrets today on how I help them get it just right.
Trying to come up with the perfect plan that includes not only your short and long runs, but rest and other types of training can be confusing, so I’m laying out all the key pieces to create your own custom training plan. From my basic guidelines for a plan to how you need to prioritize your training, I’m sharing it all right here.
Listen in this week to discover everything you need to know about creating your own training plan. Whether you’re in the middle of training for a new distance, or you’re unsure of how to time your training for a race in the near future, or anything in between, this guideline I’m sharing with you today is going to ensure you create the perfect plan for you.
If you’re just starting out on your running journey or getting back into it after some time off, I want you to sign up for my free 30-day Running Start Kit. Just click here to sign up, and make sure to share it with anyone else who could use it!
The Rebel Runner Roadmap is a 30-day online class where I teach you the fundamentals of running. This is a class where you’ll learn how to start running the right way, or how to up-level your running. From running form, strength training, stretching, to all the brain work, it’s all in there. Check it out here and get on the waiting list for the next round of enrollment …I can’t wait to see you there!
What You’ll Learn From This Episode:
- My basic guidelines for a training plan.
- What I recommend for developing endurance on your long runs.
- How long your longest runs should be.
- What a taper is and how to schedule them in.
- The mileage you should schedule to run depending on how long your races are.
- What else you should be doing (other than your runs) during your training.
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
- If you have any questions you’d like answered on the show, email me at email@example.com
- Join the Not Your Average Runner Private Facebook Community
- Join Run Your Best Life to get exclusive content from a podcast accessible just for members!
- Not Your Average Runner Instagram
Full Episode Transcript:
Enjoy The Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, follow on Spotify and subscribe via Apple Podcasts, Stitcher or RSS.
- Leave us a review in Apple Podcasts.
- Join the conversation by leaving a comment below!