Have you spent years, maybe even decades giving into the lure of dieting, and yet, you still can’t seem to lose weight and keep it off? Are you spending your days hating life, starving, feeling miserable, and exhausted from over-exercising?
My guest this week is badass anti-diet coach and close personal friend of mine, Jen Madden, and she’s here to show you how, if you want to lose weight and gain health, whatever that means for you, dieting is simply not the way to do it. As a life-long dieter herself, she knows all too well the challenge of navigating body positivity while wanting to lose weight, but she’s nailed down what’s allowed her to live her best life, and she’s showing you how to do the same.
Join us this week as I quiz Jen on her life-long obsession with dieting, and the programming we have to undo to find true freedom in our bodies. Jen is offering her insights on the difference between being anti-diet versus anti-weight loss, and she’s debunking the myths that are keeping you on a never-ending cycle of dieting so you can take your power back and decide what’s best for you.
If you enjoyed this episode, you have got to check out Up and Running. It’s my 30-day online program that will teach you how to start running, stick with it, and become the runner you’ve always wanted to be. Click here to join and I can’t wait to see you there!
What You’ll Learn From This Episode:
- Why we believe being fat is a terrible thing to be.
- How anti-diet work is about undoing the programming we’ve been fed.
- The conflicting feelings many people feel about wanting to lose weight.
- Why losing weight doesn’t change your thoughts on your worth and appearance.
- The difference between being anti-diet and anti-weight loss.
- Jen’s insights on why diets don’t work.
- The foundational work of breaking up with dieting for good.
- What Jen has been able to accomplish since freeing herself from diets.
- The misguided belief that health equals morality.
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
- If you have any questions you’d like answered on the show, email me at email@example.com
- Click here to get on the waitlist for Up and Running!
- Join the Not Your Average Runner Private Facebook Community
- Not Your Average Runner Instagram
- Check out my books!
- Jen Madden: Website | Book a Call | Instagram
Full Episode Transcript:
Enjoy The Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, follow on Spotify, Apple Podcasts, Stitcher, or RSS.
- Leave us a review in Apple Podcasts.
- Join the conversation by leaving a comment below!