I am beyond excited to bring you today’s episode! This week, I had the opportunity to interview the amazing Dr. Kate Browne. For those of who you need an introduction, she is a writer, speaker, and a multisport athlete who is passionate about body positivity in the health and fitness industry.
We discuss everything from her self-care advocacy project, Taking Up Space, to her six-week challenge, Show Up for Summer, as well as her dedication to spreading self-love and how we can pave the way for others to do the same. Kate offers a different perspective on the way we look at our bodies, and how we can take steps to be more comfortable in our own skin.
Tune in to get seriously inspired by her work and learn about the true meaning of body positivity. Also, don’t forget to sign up for her Show Up for Summer challenge and help Kate reach her goal of 10,000 participants!
Don’t miss the upcoming class that Kate will be teaching a class to my Run Your Best Life community on June 5th. So make sure to join Run Your Best Life between now and June 5th to get access to attend that class live. And if you miss that window — don’t worry! You will be able to access the recording of the class in the community.
What You’ll Learn From this Episode:
- Kate’s health and fitness journey.
- Kate’s thoughts on feminism.
- What body positivity means to Kate.
- Why we need to have more conversations about our bodies.
- How the “inspiration gap” can make you feel bad about yourself.
- What “taking up space” means.
- Why the terms self-care and self-love are often misconstrued.
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
If you have any questions you’d like answered on the show, email me at email@example.com
- Join the Not Your Average Runner Private Facebook Community
- Join the Run Your Best Life Coaching Group!
- Not Your Average Runner Instagram
- Kate’s website
- Kate’s Instagram
- How I Found Real Fitness Inspiration: Saying No to Fitspo
- Taking Up Space
- Show Up for Summer
- Weight Watchers
- Myrtle Corbin
- Krista Henderson
- Audre Lorde
- Swimsuits for all
- Lizzo – Good As Hell (Swimsuits for all ad)
- Ashley Graham
- Lands’ End
- The Body Is Not an Apology: The Power of Radical Self-Love by Sonya Renee Taylor
- Nordstrom Spring Trend Show
- Jennifer Aniston
Full Episode Transcript:
Enjoy The Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, subscribe via iTunes, Stitcher or RSS.
- Leave us a review in iTunes.
- Join the conversation by leaving a comment below!