I was coaching one of my clients who recently finished her second marathon this year, and honestly, she wasn’t feeling great about it. She felt like she should be farther along in her journey as a runner and was creating all this drama in her mind about why she wasn’t there yet.
I’m using my conversation with her this week as an example of how our brains can create unnecessary drama for us that isn’t even true! I’m revisiting the coaching model I teach to show you how what you think might be facts about a situation can actually just be your opinion.
Join me for the lowdown on how our brains work against us sometimes when we give it too much headspace. Choosing our thoughts carefully is so important! If you’re going to let your mind beat you up about something, at least make sure the facts are straight.As long as you're continually working on improving, working on moving forward instead of letting yourself get stuck in the mind drama, you're going to be fine. Click To Tweet
I’m taking a crew of women to New Orleans in February to run the Rock n Roll half there for a once in a lifetime race-cation! If you have a half marathon on your bucket list or if you’ve done a five-mile run within the past month, I want you to sign up for a quick call with my team! This trip is going to be epic and you do not want to miss it!
What You’ll Learn From this Episode:
- Revisiting the CTFAR model and how to use it.
- A client’s marathon story to show you how your mind drama can be untrue.
- How our brains create unnecessary drama.
- Why it’s important to keep a running journal of some kind.
- How a coach can help you see the bigger picture.
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
If you have any questions you’d like answered on the show, email me at email@example.com
- Join the Not Your Average Runner Private Facebook Community
- Join Run Your Best Life to get exclusive content from a podcast accessible just for members!
- Not Your Average Runner Instagram
- Ep #33: How to Coach Yourself
- Ep #25: Get Your Brain in Shape with Brooke Castillo
- Darn Tough socks
Full Episode Transcript:
Enjoy The Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, subscribe via iTunes, Stitcher or RSS.
- Leave us a review in iTunes.
- Join the conversation by leaving a comment below!