Couch to 5K is a program I’ve touched on in previous episodes of the podcast, so you might know where I stand on it, but I wanted to give you a deeper look into it today. In a strange turn of events, it has helped me experiment and create my own running programs, so I’m diving into its history, the things I do like about it, and what to do if you’re a Couch to 5K dropout.
Couch to 5K was one of the first programs I tried when I started running in 1997, but unfortunately, it quickly became impossible for me to follow. And like many women I hear from, I eventually got super discouraged and abandoned it. So if you’ve failed at it like I did, today, I’m helping you create a running plan that feels good and is sustainable.
Tune in today as I show you why it’s not your fault if you’ve given up on Couch to 5K, and what you can do instead. The solutions I’m offering here will help you finish your first 5K and feel really good and proud of yourself, and I can’t wait for you to try them out.
If you’re just starting out on your running journey or getting back into it after some time off, I want you to sign up for my free 30-day Running Start Kit. Just click here to sign up, and make sure to share it with anyone else who could use it!
The Rebel Runner Roadmap is a 30-day online class where I teach you the fundamentals of running. This is a class where you’ll learn how to start running the right way, or how to up-level your running. From running form, strength training, stretching, to all the brain work, it’s all in there. Check it out here and get on the waiting list for the next round of enrollment …I can’t wait to see you there!
What You’ll Learn From This Episode:
- The history behind Couch to 5K.
- What is missing from Couch to 5K that would make it something everyone can use.
- 4 issues with the Couch to 5K program.
- What to do if you’ve failed at Couch to 5K.
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
- If you have any questions you’d like answered on the show, email me at email@example.com
- Join the Not Your Average Runner Private Facebook Community
- Join Run Your Best Life to get exclusive content from a podcast accessible just for members!
- Not Your Average Runner Instagram
- Ep #33: How to Coach Yourself
Full Episode Transcript:
Enjoy The Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, follow on Spotify and subscribe via Apple Podcasts, Stitcher or RSS.
- Leave us a review in Apple Podcasts.
- Join the conversation by leaving a comment below!