If you’ve been listening to the podcast for a while, you’ll know that I recently failed at completing the Philly Marathon. I did the training, I set out to finish, but I didn’t. I also know that as you’re learning to become better runners and implement the tools I’m teaching you here, you’re probably failing a lot too, so I want to talk about it today.
We often think of failure as a bad thing that we all want to avoid. We’re taught that failure is something to be ashamed of, but this mindset is never going to get you anywhere. My goal this week is to help you start to shift your thinking around failure, to see it in a new way that will actually help you learn from it and succeed at your goals as a result.
Join me today as I show you why you want to be aiming to fail as much as you can! Perfectionists, this is going to be a hard pill to swallow, but there is so much power in failing a bunch of times before succeeding and I’m showing you how to start practicing this type of thinking.
The doors to The Rebel Runner Roadmap are open for enrollment! It’s a 30-day online class where I teach you the fundamentals of running. This is a class where you’ll learn how to start running the right way, or how to up-level your running. From running form, strength training, stretching, to all the brain work, it’s all in there.
The class starts January 6th but the Facebook group is already rocking and rolling with coaching I’m doing throughout December, so you definitely want to get in quick. Check it out here and I can’t wait to see you in there!
What You’ll Learn From This Episode:
- Why the circumstance of failing doesn’t actually make you feel bad.
- What you need to practice if you want more success in your life.
- How to open up your mind to start thinking about failure differently.
- The difference between failing and giving up on yourself.
- Why my goal is to fail a lot in 2020.
- The power of reviewing your failures in a neutral way.
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
- If you have any questions you’d like answered on the show, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Join the Not Your Average Runner Private Facebook Community
- Join Run Your Best Life to get exclusive content from a podcast accessible just for members!
- Not Your Average Runner Instagram
- Ep #122: Time Travel: Creating Your Future Self
Full Episode Transcript:
Enjoy The Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, follow on Spotify and subscribe via Apple Podcasts, Stitcher or RSS.
- Leave us a review in Apple Podcasts.
- Join the conversation by leaving a comment below!