In a world where we’ve been raised to believe it’s shameful, embarrassing, and downright bad to be fat, it can feel impossible to think about living our best lives right now if we’re in a fat body. So many of us believe life starts at our “goal” weight, and we can end up spending our whole lives chasing this “ideal” number.
Whether it’s shopping for fashionable clothes, taking a trip of a lifetime, or starting a fitness routine, there’s this sneaky belief among women, especially, that they’ll wait until they’re at their goal weight. I tell women all the time that all bodies, regardless of shape or size, are deserving of joy, pleasure, and equal treatment, but some people have taken this to mean that I’m anti-weight loss.
Join me this week as I offer my take on fat acceptance, and why this is not the same as being anti-weight loss. You’ll hear the difference between being anti-diet culture versus anti-weight loss, what body autonomy means to me, and my top recommendations if you’re currently pursuing intentional weight loss.
If you could guarantee your success in training for a half marathon by doing just one thing, would you do it? Well, I have just the thing and it’s called Run Your Best Life. This is the training program where you’ll have multiple coaches, a fantastic community, and endless resources to support you along the way. Run Your Best Life is now open to all women who want to get running, so hop on in! Throughout August 2023, we’re running a body confidence class, so NOW is an amazing time to join!
What You’ll Learn From This Episode:
- What fat acceptance means.
- The difference between fat acceptance and being anti-weight loss.
- Why I’m anti-diet culture, not anti-weight loss.
- The importance of addressing the emotional piece of weight loss.
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
- If you have any questions you’d like answered on the show, email me at email@example.com
- Join the Not Your Average Runner Private Facebook Community
- Not Your Average Runner Instagram
- Check out my books!
- Corinne Crabtree
Full Episode Transcript:
Enjoy The Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, follow on Spotify, Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, or RSS.
- Leave us a review in Apple Podcasts.
- Join the conversation by leaving a comment below!