What are some of your default thoughts about yourself as a fat runner? Are they serving you?
A huge part of my mission is to counteract misogyny, patriarchy, and anti-fat bias that exist in our entire society, especially in our fitness spaces. That’s why I created the Fat Runner Manifesto: a 10-point distillation of my thoughts about being a fat female runner in a patriarchal and fatphobic world.
Listen in this week as I offer new thoughts to consider about running, your body, and your right to take up space in this world without apology. My goal is for you to see that these thoughts can be true for you, and I invite you to keep practicing them until you can create a space within your mind where you are respected, loved, and treated with compassion.
If you could guarantee your success in training for a half marathon by doing just one thing, would you do it? Well, I have just the thing and it’s called Run Your Best Life. This is the training program where you’ll have multiple coaches, a fantastic community, and endless resources to support you along the way. Run Your Best Life is now open to all women who want to get running, so hop on in!
What You’ll Learn From This Episode:
- Why I created the Fat Runner Manifesto.
- 10 points from my Fat Runner Manifesto.
- How repetition is key to beginning to implement and believe new thoughts.
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
- If you have any questions you’d like answered on the show, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Join the Not Your Average Runner Private Facebook Community
- Not Your Average Runner Instagram
- Check out my books!
Full Episode Transcript:
Enjoy The Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, follow on Spotify, Apple Podcasts, Stitcher, or RSS.
- Leave us a review in Apple Podcasts.
- Join the conversation by leaving a comment below!